Book a sailing trip in the time of the Coronavirus …
From June 1, 2020 we can sail again with groups of up to 30 people. With us on board you are in the fresh air all day long!
However, our guests should be able to keep 1.5 meters apart at all times. We are happy to inform you about this and together we look at your group composition and what it can look like on board. We sail with our ship the Victoria S from Harlingen.
- Normally 24 guests can sail and sleep (divided over 10 rooms) on board and we have this because of changed the coronavirus to 10 guests. 10 guests each have their own room.
- If of the 10 guests 4 couples sail along, 14 can sail in total.
- If you want to sail with families, please contact us and we will look at the group composition together.
- During a day of sailing, 20 guests can sail on board. Assuming that not everyone is inside at the same time. 20 guests can stay on deck while maintaining the 1.5 meter distance.
- From 1 July, young people up to the age of 18 no longer have to keep a distance of 1.5 meters from each other. Depending on the number of adults, more than 10 guests can sail if there are also sailors under the age of 18. A school trip can therefore continue if the two teachers (and crew) comply with the 1.5-meter measure.
Completely according to the guidelines of the RIVM, all Dutch shipping companies have drawn up a protocol to guarantee your safety during the sailing trip. This protocol has been approved by the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS) and consists of prescribed health measures, the course of events on board and instructions for both crew and guests. If RIVM still decides to withdraw the current relaxations and you are forced to cancel, we plan a sailing trip later in 2020 or 2021.
The sailing route is made according to your wishes and wind & tide. This is done in consultation with the skipper. He is fully aware of all measures on board and in the ports. You can always contact the crew for advice.
What can you do yourself?
- Do not come on board with health problems such as a cold, sneezing, coughing, sore throat or fever
- Always keep 1.5 meters away from people who do not belong to your own household
- Avoid physical contact with people who do not belong to your own household
- Wash your hands regularly
- When you have to sneeze or cough, do this on the inside of your elbow
- Eating in two or more shifts, using mono packaging as much as possible
- The crew does not enter the guesthouse, so we ask the guests to ensure proper hygiene
What measures have been taken on board?
- Daily briefing by the crew
- All ships are provided with a hygiene instruction
- You can disinfect your hands at every entrance, hut and public washing facility
- One way traffic where possible, this is indicated with deck markings
- The crew does not enter the guesthouse
- Surfaces and railings are cleaned regularly
- There will be ventilation as often and as much as possible
- The ship is cleaned according to our cleaning protocol. You can ask about this on board.
- Bed linen is washed at> 60 degrees
Have you booked a sailing trip for 2020?
If you have booked a sailing trip for 2020, then you are very welcome on board! Provided the group size allows the 1.5 meter measure. However, this does depend on RIVM’s decisions; if it appears that the measures regarding the virus have been adjusted and your sailing trip falls within the stipulated period, we are unfortunately obliged to cancel the sailing trip. In this case you will also receive a sailing credit, which you can redeem for a sailing trip later in 2020 or 2021.
If you do not wish to reschedule your sailing trip, you can choose to cancel yourself. You only pay the cancellation costs, which you will find in the general terms and conditions sent to you by post with your shipping contract.
Book a sailing trip for 2021? Which can!
Would you like to sail with us next summer? This can of course already be booked under the generally applicable rental conditions. If in November it appears that due to the Corovavirus we will not be able to sail with the full occupancy as we offer our ships next year, the booking can be canceled until November 15, 2020 free of charge.
We hope to see you on board soon and for questions please contact us and stay healthy!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!